us taxation

Personal and business investment in the United States (US) by Canadian’s continues to grow, as does the need for comprehensive cross-border tax planning. With significant tax reforms occurring in Canada and the US in recent years, it is critical that existing and proposed business structures are evaluated under these new rules to minimize tax and unforeseen consequences. EBT has US tax specialist available to assist with your US planning or filing needs.

Some examples of cross-border services include:

  • Personal Tax
  • US citizens living in Canada
  • Canadians employed or investing in the US
  • Canadian’s spending significant time in the US (university student or vacationer)
  • Taxation of US real estate property (rental or personal use)
  • Recovering tax on US gambling winnings
  • Expatriation planning and reporting (renouncing US citizenship or moving to the US as a Canadian)
  • Estate taxation and planning
  • FATCA compliance


  • Corporate Tax
  • US federal and state corporate tax compliance
  • Sales and use tax
  • Tax planning and structuring for US and Canada-US corporate groups
  • Cross-border financing
  • Transfer pricing & cross-border transaction reporting


Contact us and Brent Fisher will be happy to discuss your US tax needs.